Finding Some Fun In Teaching Non-Fiction

Teaching non-fiction, informational text, is such an important part of a teacher's life! While my students always LOVE to read these stories (which one of my boys this year described as "the ones where the animals don't talk"), comprehension can be difficult. I am always looking for and creating new ways for my students to excel at this essential skill. This week I am going to begin this journey by introducing non-fiction text features. To help with this I have created a "Non-fiction Detectives" sheet for use with any informational text. Students will look through the non-fiction story and find these features as they read.
You can go to my Teacher's Pay Teachers store to find more products to help teach non-fiction! Please link your ideas or add comments below on how you plan to find some fun in teaching non-fiction!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for a linky party Heather! Thanks for the invite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much to all participants in my first linky party! I am always looking for fun ways to teach non-fiction!

    ReplyDelete



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Google+ Followers

.

Followers

Teachers Pay Teachers

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.