Liebster Award

Who doesn't love an award?  I am so excited to be nominated for the "Liebster Award" by 21st Century Kindergarten.  This award is for those new to blogging with less than 200 followers...with only 2 followers I guess I fit the qualifications!  I know I am very new at this, but I have loved my time blogging and before that I have learned so much from other teacher-bloggers.




1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started this blog at the beginning of this school year (in August 2014). The reason I decided to start the blog is because I have followed, read, and learned so much from other bloggers that I wanted to join in the fun and network with these great people!
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? 
Practical - I am all about real ideas for busy teachers!
 3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
 I am still so new at this that I feel I learn something new each day!  I feel far from an "expert" at anything related to blogging and am constantly looking for ways to improve.
4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
 Other than blogging, my kids (by which I mean my own daughters as well as the many "children" I have in my classroom) are my past time.  I love to spend time with them, watch them play sports and plan for future activities to help them grow.
5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog? 
In general I spend about one-two hours on my blog. I hope to increase this time, but I have also switched positions this year (from regular education to special education) so there has been a lot to learn in the last two months.
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I love any blog category that can get teachers practical ideas to use in their classroom!
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from? 
My inspiration comes from my classroom, past teaching experiences (I have taught for 12 years in grades k-3 before switching to an special education position, k-6), professional development trainings, and new products!
8. Of which post that you have written are you most proud?
I loved sharing the reveal of my new classroom.  The switch I made this summer was a lot of work and I was so happy to see it all come together.  
9.Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have been postponing it for a while now?
I have lots of ideas and things on my "to do" list.  Each week I plan to post at least one new practical idea plus participate in linky parties and give-aways!
10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
My favorite aspect of blogging is how much it helps me grow professionally and personally.  I get to learn from the real experts in the field and share some of my ideas along the way.  
11. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself?  
I LOVE 21st Century Kindergarten's blog and ideas regarding their "News" project.  What a fun, real life experience students are discovering!  Definitely a great common core activity!

My Nominees:
To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)  
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!) 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award (even though it ends up being a tremendous amount of work)! I follow you on bloglovin, but I just added myself to your Google list, too (I'm the watermelon). Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination! Here's my post: http://troutenitselementary.blogspot.com/2014/10/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination! I love your blog name (so cute) and your content is great too! Here's my post and thanks again! Happy Teaching! http://mrsgrisham.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award-and-horrible-blogger-ive.html

    ReplyDelete



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Google+ Followers

.

Followers

Teachers Pay Teachers

Grab My Button!

Powered by Blogger.